Sweet potatoes are a staple in our house. It was one of Nathan’s first foods and he’s loved them ever since. I usually just bake them, but I get tired of them that way. Pre-allergies, I used to do a similar recipe to this one, but have since lost it. Luckily, the basic idea is simple so I came up with my own measurements and of course made it allergy free. I made it a couple of weeks ago, and we all loved it. This would be an easy, new twist on traditional sweet potatoes for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
You’ll need just four ingredients: 5-6 medium sweet potatoes, dairy free margarine such as Earth Balance (always read labels!), brown sugar (dark or light), and cinnamon. I LOVE recipes that have short ingredient lists and simple steps, and this recipe fits that bill.
After you wash and peel the sweet potatoes, put them in a greased baking dish.
Next, you’ll coat them with the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pop them into the oven, and in just 35-45 minutes you’ll have this…
They look fabulous, and taste that way, too. My kids gobbled these roasted sweet potatoes right up, and my husband and I had seconds. Nathan keeps asking me when I’m going to make “Sweet Sweet Potatoes” again. I hope your family enjoys this yummy, nutrient-rich dish like we do!
- 5-6 medium sweet potatoes, diced into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup dairy free margarine, such as Earth Balance
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (dark or light, either will work)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish or jelly roll pan
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes, then dice into 1 inch cubes
- Place diced sweet potatoes in baking dish
- Melt dairy free margarine in microwave
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well
- Pour margarine over sweet potatoes, stirring well to coat evenly
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until tender, stirring once or twice during bake time
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving
**This recipe will be soy free if your dairy free margarine is soy free as well. We use dairy & soy free Earth Balance.
Are you a sweet potato lover like my family? Please, let us know how you like this recipe if you try it!