It’s that time of year again where chocolate and candy is going to be everywhere. Chocolate bars, conversation hearts, and flowers will be overflowing. Your friends are planning their Valentine’s Day date night out and lining up their babysitters. As a food allergy parent, that just might not be possible. Many of you reading this don’t have reliable babysitters that are trained in how to use an epi-pen. Or maybe they are, but you just don’t trust them to know when to pull the epi out. My husband and I rarely go out for Valentine’s Day. We have great grandparents to babysit, but we don’t like fighting the crowd, we love each other all year, and we’ve just celebrated his birthday on the 12th. I’m thinking this year is a great year to stay home, put the kids to bed, make this super easy S’Mores Dip (literally 15 minutes, and 4 steps), open a bag of Skinny Pop, and watch Date Night. Now that’s my kind of Valentine’s Day. Or any day.
Once melted, add Sunbutter and stir in until smooth.
Transfer to a greased baking dish, or two ramekins, and top with marshmallows.
Broil in the oven to toast the marshmallows.
Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, or with a spoon. I may or may have not served it with a spoon when I made it for this post. I know you’ll enjoy it as much as I did. Just remember to share.
Remember, this recipe only serves 2-4. Double for an 8×8 baking dish, triple if you’d like it thicker. Always check all labels on foods, making sure they are safe for your particular special diet.
Like this recipe? Follow me and see what other treats I’m pinning over on Pinterest!
- 2-3 tablespoons dairy free margarine
- ¾ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons (heaping) Sunbutter, or other nut butter alternative
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Turn on oven to low broil
- Grease two ramekins or very small oven-safe dish
- Melt margarine in small saucepan on medium heat
- Add chocolate chips and melt on medium-lo heat, stirring continuously until smooth
- Add sun butter and continue to stir/melt until smooth
- Transfer to baking dish and top with marshmallows
- Broil in oven for 2-3 minutes, checking frequently to avoid burning marshmallows
- Serve immediately