Oh, this recipe! It was one of my favorites before food allergies came into the picture. My mom has made it for years and it’s always a hit. It’s one of those recipes that has been handed down and passed around, so I have no idea who to give credit to for the original recipe (topped with crumbled Butterfingers), but here’s my dairy-free version. The dairy-free Tofutti Sour Cream and Cream Cheese give these grapes a creamy balance to the grapes sweetness. Mother’s Day is just 11 days away, and this would be the perfect addition to a home cooked meal for the mom in your life.
Not sure what else you’ll be serving for a Mother’s Day dinner? Try Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts, my Homemade Bread (easier than you think!), this Grape Salad, and Peach Cobbler for dessert!
- 4 cups seedless green grapes
- 4 cups seedless red grapes
- 12 oz. dairy free sour cream (such as Tofutti)
- 4 oz. dairy free cream cheese (such as Tofutti)
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups pretzels, broken up into small pieces
- ½ cup dairy free margarine
- 6 T brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Wash and drain grapes, then place into large bowl
- With a hand or stand mixer, blend dairy-free sour cream, dairy-free cream cheese, and sugar until smooth
- Fold grapes into sour cream mixture
- Place in fridge to chill until serving
- Spread pretzels onto parchment paper onto cookie sheet
- In a saucepan, melt dairy-free margarine and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring well
- Bring margarine and brown sugar to a boil for one minute, stirring constantly
- Pour margarine mixture over pretzels making sure to coat them evenly
- Bake pretzels in oven for 5-7 minutes
- Once cool enough, put cookie sheet with pretzels into the refrigerator to finish cooling until hardened
- Break apart and crumble into bowl until serving time
- Top grape salad with pretzels right before serving to avoid them getting mushy
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later!