This morning I made a fruit salsa to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at my son’s preschool (which has been super about dealing with our food allergies!). I really wasn’t sure how the kids would like it, but I looked over at one point and the kids were eating it with spoons, totally bypassing the tortilla chips! I think my son had two servings, then asked for a third once we got home for lunch. It was a great alternative to tomato salsa, which my son is allergic to.
I’m looking forward to using this recipe over the hot summer months, and I’m sure you will to.
- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple, mostly drained
- 2 bananas, finely diced
- 3 kiwi, peeled and finely diced
- ¼-1/2 cup diced raspberries or strawberries (I used raspberries)
- 2-3 tsp finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- juice from ½ lime
- Mostly drain pineapple, reserving a little juice in the pineapple.
- Add diced kiwi, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Dice and add bananas and raspberries up to an hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite, safe tortilla chip.
Don’t forget to share this on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!