It’s Monday morning, and after having an immensely busy weekend, I’m feeling the need for some coffee this morning! I’m not such a huge fan of hot coffee on an 80°, humid day….so I came up with my very own dairy-free frappuccino to cool me down on hot mornings. We have a Starbucks about 12 minutes away, but it’s too expensive and high in calories to splurge often. My version only has 210 calories (only 60 calories if you use sugar free syrup & depending on the type of milk you use) and tons of flavor! This makes about 24 ounces of frappuccino, so share if you want! I usually brew my coffee first thing in the morning, let it cool or stick it in the fridge, then make it mid-morning when I’m wanting a pick-me-up before lunchtime. I’m going to experiment with cold brewing soon, so I’ll update once I’ve got that figured out. This goes perfect with my favorite cinnamon roll recipe for a brunch on the weekends.
- 1 cup almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- ¾ cup coffee (I love Gevalia)
- 2½ T Hershey's chocolate syrup or coffee syrup (any flavor)
- 2 cup ice (sometimes I do 1 cup if I want an iced latte feel)
- Brew coffee and chill. If you're into cold brewing that would be perfect.
- Once coffee is chilled, add all ingredients to blender and blend until mixed well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Like this recipe and want more dairy-free recipes? Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, & Instagram (@rachelmomvsfoodallergy).
Comment below and tell me about your favorite, dairy-free beverage!