Superman’s peanut allergy is just one of many, and truthfully, I miss Reese’s Cups. It’s just one of those treats that I wish I could still indulge in. The good news is that I LOVE SunButter, and I’m not afraid to make my own. They are incredibly easy, and I know that you can make SunButter cups, too. It’s an easy, decadent dessert to make as a gift as well-perfect for the holidays! This version is dairy free, egg free, soy free, tree nut free, peanut free, and gluten free!
- 1 cup SunButter
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ salt
- 1¼ cups dairy free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 tsp allergy-safe oil
- course sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners (paper can be used, but they don't come off as easily).
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the SunButter, powdered sugar, and ¼ tsp salt until it forms a dough. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and oil on low heat, stirring almost constantly until smooth. Keep on very low heat, or warm setting on stove.
- Put a very small amount of melted chocolate in the bottom of the cupcake liner, just enough to cover the bottom thoroughly (not thick).
- Put the muffin tin in the freezer for 5-10 minutes so the chocolate will begin to set.
- While the chocolate is in the freezer, form your SunButter dough into 12 mini disks , slightly smaller than the circumference of the bottom of the cupcake liner (about ¼ inch thick).
- Once the chocolate is out of the freezer, place the Sunbutter disk on top of the chocolate in the cupcake liner.
- Top the SunButter cups with the rest of the melted chocolate so that the Sunbutter is covered completely.
- Gently tap the muffin tin on the countertop to help the chocolate settle so that the top is smooth and even.
- Sprinkle each SunButter Cup with a very small amount of course sea salt (optional).
- Place in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes or until set.
- Remove cupcake liners and store in an airtight in the refrigerator or at room temperature (your preference).
I hope this recipe is a favorite of yours! If you like this recipe, be sure to subscribe in the sidebar to receive these types of recipes in your inbox! Follow also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (@momvsfoodallergy), and Pinterest!