Have you seen the new Holiday Dum Dum Suckers with Limited Edition flavors?? I know many parents try to avoid artificial flavors, but we really just try to limit them the best we can. Everything in moderation, right?!
I bought the kids a bag of the suckers, but knew we wouldn’t eat all of them. So, to use some of them up I decided to crush them and use them as a cookie topping!
These cookies are easy to put together, and the icing only takes about 5 minutes to whip up!
Here’s how to put them together:
- Pick your allergy-friendly cookie. I chose Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Chocolate cookies.
- Make your icing. (See recipe below)
- Crush your suckers in ziploc bags, each flavor separately.
- Add icing to cookies.
- Top with crushed candy.
- Enjoy! Make as many or as few as you need.
- 1⅓ cups allergy-friendly shortening (I used Spectrum Organic Palm Shortening)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- ½ cup allergy-friendly milk (I used rice milk)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well with an electric or stand mixer.
- Store remaining icing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The possibilities are endless with these cookies! Mix and match cookies and sucker flavors for unique combinations this holiday season!