Hi everybody! It’s been so long since I’ve hopped on to do a post. There’s a reason for that, which will hopefully be in my next post and will reveal my personal word for 2016. Do you choose a word to define your year? This is my first time, and I’m excited to share it with you…even if it is almost February!
One of my goals in 2016 is to definitely come up with new recipes for all of you, specifically some week night dinner ideas. We all know that week night meals can be overwhelming, so I want the meals or sides to be easy and nutritious.
First up this year, is a recipe for simple Sweet Potato Fries. I LOVE sweet potatoes, and they are so good for you. This could be a kid-friendly side and maybe a new way to get sweet potatoes in those little bellies.
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 5 T olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line one large or two small cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Slice sweet potatoes into ½ wide strips.
- Soak sweet potatoes in cold water for 30-60 minutes (optional, but helps with crispness after baking).
- Drain and pat dry the sweet potatoes.
- Add sweet potatoes, oil, salt, and garlic powder to a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- Shake and toss the bag until the sweet potatoes are well coated with oil mixture.
- Spread sweet potatoes evenly on the parchment paper, in one layer.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, tossing halfway through. Watch carefully for burning.
I really hope you enjoy these Sweet Potato Fries! They are filling, healthy, simple, and so tasty! What meal will you pair with these fries?