Hi everyone! I need to squeeze in one more short post for 2016, and I wanted it to be simple (’cause I love simple), and versatile. SunButter Cake Icing is a tasty way to add a twist on a favorite cake recipe.
This SunButter Icing is easy, but what I like best about it is that it is dairy free, egg free, peanut free, tree nut free, soy free, and wheat free! Really it’s top 8 free, gluten free, and vegan! It pairs beautifully with my Chocolate Cake , but would also be good on my Fudgey Zucchini Cake. It an also be used on….
Cookies (try these Sugar Cookies)
Whatever you put this icing on, you won’t be disappointed! After all, it does have SunButter 😉
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup SunButter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup milk (dairy free, I used rice milk)
- Mix powdered sugar, SunButter, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add milk until desired consistency is achieved (thicker for icing, thiner for a glaze)
- If icing becomes to thin, mix in a small amount of powdered sugar to thicken.
- Frosts 9x13 cake, or fills and frosts 8 or 9-inch two-layer cake.