Summertime is here and that means we’re going to waterparks, rivers, pools, and ponds. My kids love waterparks and fishing! Sometimes the tricky part to these destinations is keeping the EpiPens with us, but at the proper temperature, safe, and dry. Here’s where the NefCase comes in handy!
Here’s what I like about the NefCase:
- It’s waterproof. If it’s accidentally dropped in a pool, no worries!
- It’s strong. Think Nalgene bottle, but thicker. That’s pretty tough.
- It’s child-resistant. It’s like the top of a medicine bottle, so easy for mature hands to open.
- It’s roomie. There’s room to fold up an Allergy Action Plan and insert it in with the EpiPen.
- It comes with a clip. I like the carabiner clip that it comes with….perfect for hooking to the second NefCase you should purchase along with your first.
- Made in the USA. Minnesota is it’s home base.
Here’s what I don’t like about the NefCase:
- It’s a single unit. You have to buy two to be safe. ALWAYS CARRY TWO EPINEPHRINE AUTO-INJECTORS AT ALL TIMES. Sorry for the all-caps, but I’m pretty passionate about encouraging people to always carry two.
- It’s bulky. We all know EpiPens are bulky without an extra case, but this product will be perfect for excursions or those with curious young children.
Overall, I think this product is very handy and helpful. Check out their website and story and see if this is something you need to purchase before a trip to the beach or pool.
**All opinions are my own. I was not paid for this product review of NefCase, but was provided one unit for the purpose of this review.
We love books in this house! I read to my kids every day, and they love new stories. Superman is 6 now, but when he was even 4 months I began reading him books. Little did I know that books would become such an important and useful part of our food allergy journey. For kids, books are a fun way to educate, encourage, and even share with friends. We started with books like The Bugabees and the No Biggie Bunch, but now there’s a new character on the block and his name is HumFree!
Here’s what I love about HumFree the Bee Has a Food Allergy:
- It teaches kids they aren’t alone. HumFree can’t land on flowers that are yellow or blue, but once he learns how his cousin avoids certain flowers, he gains his confidence back!
- The illustrations. The artwork in this book is fabulous! The illustrations are both whimsical and cartoon-like at the same time, making HumFree come alive. The pages look like they came straight out of a movie!
- The rhyming phrases. Kids love rhyming books! Rhymes are great for teaching because the phrases are easy to remember. The catchy phrases stick in your memory and make it fun to read over and over.
- The storyline and message. I love that this story is all about teaching kids that it’s important and easy to avoid their allergens, and how to be confident while doing so. The message of inclusion is a sweet, added bonus. There are great Q&A starters in the back of the book to continue the conversation about food allergies. Alison, the author, did a fabulous job putting this whole book together.
If you’re looking to add a book to your home collection, this is the book for you. I promise this cute story is worth it! Get your copy here!
(*I was not paid to write this review, but I did receive one book for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.)