It’s fall ya’ll, and pumpkins and apples are in abundance! Everyone is screaming “Pumpkin Spice!”, but Superman has a pumpkin allergy, so we’re enjoying apple cider and other fall yummies. I was really craving apple cider last weekend, and I broke down and bought some. One of my friends told me to top my cider with mini marshmallows, and well….she’s genius! It was so good!
If you have been following me long at all, you know I’m a huge fan of SunButter and I try to incorporate it into pretty much anything I can. I love SunButter with apple slices, so why not mix it with apple cider?! With a hint of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon, you’re sure to enjoy this hot apple cider blended with SunButter in your favorite mug. It’s naturally an allergy-friendly beverage that is dairy free, egg free, peanut free, tree nut free, soy free, and gluten free!
- 4 cups apple cider
- 4 T SunButter
- ¼ t vanilla, optional
- sprinkle of cinnamon, optional
- mini-marshmallows for topping
- Bring apple cider to a boil
- Whisk in SunButter, stirring until mixed well with cider
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add vanilla, if desired
- Serve immediately and top with marshmallows
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired
This would be an easy recipe to double, then add to a crockpot to keep warm for a fall party or Thanksgiving Day. I hope you enjoy this flavorful, hot drink that will add lots of flavor to any occasion.